Rome’s historical centre is a web of narrow streets and piazzas, buzzing with life and boasting remarkable monuments
This guided walking tour will take you for a walk to baroque Rome’s renowned piazzas and fountains and will help you to discover and unlock the many secrets and legends our beautiful city hides, also passing through the Political District, Haute Couture and trading areas. We’ll ramble through the back streets to discover artistic and cultural surprises, admire breathtaking Bernini statues, small churches which hide unexpected riches, marvel at Caravaggio’s paintings, toss a coin into Trevi’s Fountain. We will discover not only an open air museum, we will also deeply immerse ourselves in this magnificent theater.
WHAT YOU VISIT
- Trevi Fountain – The most majestic and monumental of the Roman fountains, famed in the film La Dolce Vita;
- Spanish Steps – Barcaccia’s Fountain and the most beautiful stairway in Europe that leads to the a delicious church;
- Via Condotti – Rome’s Haute Couture Disctrict;
- Piazza Colonna – The seat of the Italian Government, and Column of Marcus Aurelius;
- Piazza Montecitorio – The seat of the Chamber of Deputies, and Obelisk;
- St. Ignazio church – A riot of Baroque illusions;
- Piazza Pietra – The magnificent remains of the Temple of Hadrian;
- Pantheon – One of most influential masterpiece of Roman architecture in the world. Astonishing for its dome and circular-shaped interior decorated with original colorful marbles;
- Piazza Navona – This is one of the most beautiful piazzas in all of Rome. Built on top of an ancient Stadium and known for its Fountain of the Rivers by Bernini and Borromini’s church
MEETING LOCATION – TOUR DURATION – PRICE
Meeting location: At your hotel or at the Spanish Steps subway stop (just outside in the alley).
Transportation to and from the hotel at your own expense.
End location: Back at the hotel or at Piazza Navona or Spanish Steps or as requested.
Duration: 3 hours *Duration might vary according to the weather conditions, in case of rain we will dedicate more time to the interiors.
Price for person: 00
The itinerary is on foot at your own peacing.
A Professional Tour Guide through-out the tour.
This tour has no entrance fees.
Lunch not included in the program unless otherwise requested.